Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reflection # 5

With the semester almost over, I’ve realized that my grades are suffering and I’m starting to worry. I don't want to get less than a c in any of my classes but I already have one in child development and if I mess up, I know that it will drop to a d. I feel like I try my best but I guess there's always something more that I could do. My grades are a's in my other three classes but with finals and projects; it could change. To be successful for the next couple of weeks, I plan on doing all of my work and turning it in on time, staying focused, and studying for finals. My last interview for child development is due next week, my last play review for theater is due in the next weeks, the fifth exam for math followed by the final is coming up, and in this class I have to work on the lab contract and weekly homework. I haven't been working as much so I can't blame my progress on anything but myself.

The challenges that I face when trying to complete this semester are a variety of things. I feel like I have a huge load on my shoulders and I don't know if I have the energy or determination to deal with it. I'm the type of person that really tries in the beginning but starts to give up at the end. I want good grades but I don't want to put the effort in. I really want to learn how to push through even when it's the last thing I want to do and I hope that I get through this semester and apply what I have learned to summer and winter classes. This class has taught me a lot about the technique of reading and studying. The skills used in the myreadinglab program have helped when reading in other classes and gave me ideas about what to look for when being tested on certain aspects of reading/writing. I will definitely use what I have learned from this class to study for finals and when I take other classes; everything has been really interesting and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment